Hello all

This blog is about the art of savoir faire, sauciness and style and the fuller figure.

Fashion is about dressing according to what's fashionable. Style is more about being yourself ~ Oscar de la Renta.


Click on Flag or Select Your Language to Translate

ArabicChinese (Simplified)DutchEnglishFrenchGermanHindiIndonesianItalianJapanesePortugueseRussianSpanishTurkishUrduBengaliNepali

Saturday 12 March 2016

Decluttering Your Wardrobe Part 3 - Clean my room

The bedroom is a mess. When I say mess, I don't just mean a bit untidy, I mean really disgustingly messy. I have what is known as a "Floordrobe"! You know - your wardrobe is not a wardrobe, the floor becomes the place that holds your clothes. I must make a start. Back later.................



Room update - Dumped clothing into a laundry basket then changed the sheets and made the bed. As I could barely see the carpet, picked up paper, plastic bags, clothing labels/tags, the plastic strips that come with it, you name it, I had it, found the supermarket plastic bag too small so went and got the big black bin liners - one for plastics the other for paper stuff.

Picked up and dumped all the other stuff in the other room to clear a space, looked under the bed and nearly had an apoplexy - lay flat on the floor with a long thing to "sweep" the stuff from under the bed (couldn't reach otherwise). Sorted out what has to go (either haven't worn for ages or doesn't fit), granddaughter is coming tomorrow to have first dibs before the charity shop. Have hung up most of the clothes. Still have to do pants, leggings, sleepwear, lingerie. And there is a huge mess on the tall boy, but that will be done last.



I have the unfortunate habit of picking something up, or taking it to the room and plonking it down (usually on the tall boy or bedside table). There's stuff in one corner which has reached high height proportions and that will have to be done too. Do you know there's a boxed dinner set that son and dil received for their wedding which they didn't want, so left it at my place, also a pair of crutches from my time in NZ in 2007! I just checked when they were married - five years ago! I can't believe it's been sitting there for so long. I have the problem of saying, oh I'll do it later.......I toyed with the idea of taking before and after pics, but in the realms of decency, decided against.

Still haven't had lunch, and it's almost 2.30 in the afternoon. Coffee first I think.



Room update #2. It's now the wee hours of the following day (nearly 12.30 am) and I'm going to have me dinner. The clothes have now been folded, hung up, flattened, compartmentalised and put away. Phew! Checked and cleared the bedside table and tall boy drawers - found the bottom drawer full of neatly folded tees and tops which haven't seen the light of day for it must be around two years. I'd forgotten about them (they no longer fit). They're in one washing basket for the charity shop.

Still a long way to go, but I can see carpet! Two laundry baskets of clothes for gd to check out tomorrow. The other room is still an obstacle course, shoes haven't found a home, still more paper, plastic, bits and bobs to clear and throw out. I found I was slowing down to a trickle over the last few hours, ankles swollen, triple their size, lower back ache from all the bending. I swear once this is done, I ain't never going to allow this to happen again..


I feel a bit like Clancy
In my wild erratic fancy
I have visions of a neatly ordered house
The kitchen's looking tidy
The lounge room's just as neat
And when I get home straight from work
I can go put up my feet.

The bathroom will be sparkly with taps all shine and gloss
And the floor will have a smart look to it too
The laundry will be empty
The washing's all been done
And the dunny bowl will swish with Jays blue loo.

This is a flight of fancy which I hope to come true blue
And the day cannot be too far long away
For I'm sick of mess and clutter
Cannot find what I am after
And the never ending search for what I need today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...